It's time...to take a break.
2014 has been quite a journey.
This year I've:
- finished and announced this new website
- traveled to Patagonia (Chile), Oregon, Milwaukee, and Virginia, MN (yeah, you know it's awesome up there)
- started my own voice studio
- started teaching in the after-school programs at one high school and soon will teach in another
- sang my first World Premiere
- sang "Les Nuits d'été" for the first time
- rehearsed "Jesu, meine Freude" with my friends' infant cooing on my lap (that's a career highlight, by the way)
- sang the German National Anthem for the first time
Not to mention blogging for the entire month of August, sending Nicole's Notes monthly, adjudicating Solo & Ensemble a few times, a few big changes in my own life, and keeping up with it all.
So I'm calling it a year for Open Intervals; I'm done blogging here for 2014. I have pictures to post, pages to update, I'd like to practice what I preach and actually make a smashbook of musical inspiration, not to mention having some freetime and getting together with some great friends.
Without rest, we are all work and no fun. So it's time to give it a rest.
So have a very happy holiday season--Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year! See you on the flip side!